Thursday, January 20, 2005

Boston Dirty Bomb Thoughts

I've been following this story since I first read The Counterterror Blog's posting about it at around 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Since the story first went up, there's been a lot of activity, both in the MSM and the blogosphere about the individuals who may be involved. One thing I haven't figured out, though, is the following: Where in the world did we get the pictures of these people? Every account I've seen says that the individuals being sought have never been on any terrorist watch list. So how is it that we have conveniently available mug-shots of them? The answer to this might be sitting right under my nose (and no, I don't think this is some sort of U.S. Government -created conspiracy), but I just don't know. If you have thoughts on this, please comment.

UPDATE: Apparently, I am not the only one wondering where these pictures came from.
|