Thursday, December 23, 2004

Exciting Developments in the Browser World

Now that I've opened the tech floodgates, here's a very interesting bit of news about the browser wars. In the last 6-12 months, various browser developers have decided to take it right to Microsoft (which, notwithstanding my preceding post, has not been particularly innovative of late with Internet Explorer). Although I still regularly use IE, I am also an enthusiastic user of the Firefox browser, mainly because of its tabbed browsing ability and the ability to auto-update pages every x minutes. The linked story details a new version of Opera that will feature voice commands (using IBM ViaVoice technology). I was an early user of ViaVoice, with only limited success and a lot of frustration. We'll see how this goes. Nevertheless, the renewed energy in the browser development arena bodes well for all of us.
|